Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 6!!

So I went to my first meeting on Thursday! I cried the entire time...literaly THE ENTIRE time! Everytime someone spoke, I cried more. It was like I was hearing my own story over and over. Not everyone had my exact story, but we were all fighting the same demons. I finally felt like I didn't have to pretend to be someone I'm not or hide something that is such a HUGE part of who I am.

I am ready to begin the next part of my life...the one where I am present as a mother, a wife, a daughter, a friend. I am ready to spend time with my children and my husband without looking for another drink. I want to REALLY enjoy life and FEEL again.

I know this is not an easy road, but I finally feel like I am ready for the challenge! The cravings suck...bad, but with support, I BELIEVE that I can do this! Although, I am completely expecting to gain a ton of weight since chocolate ice cream has become my new drink....

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you went to a meeting! Good for you. It's true - the network of support you find there will fill the hole alcohol leaves in your life... keep on keeping on!

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you still going to meetings? I cried in the beginning too but it gets better and better and we laugh a lot. we are not a glum lot :) I'm praying for you and please contact me if you need any further support.

    ReplyDelete