Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 1

OK...so here it is...Day 1 of sobriety. Not really much to brag about, but it's a start. I have admitted that I am powerless against alcohol (whatever that means) and I am trying to get sober. I haven't been able to actually go into an AA meeting yet...every night I tell myself that tomorrow will be the day that I go. I know where the meeting is, what time it starts, I've even driven by a time.....or twenty...but I always find reasons not to go in...the laundry needs to be done, I have to volunteer at my child's school, or the best reason...I'm too tired...well duh, of course I'm too tired, I stayed up late drinking every last beer in the house...and at one point even contemplated going to get more!!! Well, if that doesn't that scream PROBLEM!

It's very hard for me to say it, even though I've known it for longer than I care to admit...I am an alcoholic. But, this is my start, my start at being a better mother, a better wife, a better friend, a better ME, a SOBER ME!!

Although, right now, I'm already rethinking the whole sobriety thing....

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, stay strong! The first days are the hardest. Even if you have to white knuckle it, just keep it in the moment. Just think about not having a drink for this moment. You'll get through it!

    Go in to the AA meeting, you'll be amazed at how much it helps. Get a Big Book too, there are so many stories in there to relate too. It was a huge help to me in the early days.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't drink - go to a meeting! You don't have to talk, just listen. I promise you'll feel better when you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stay strong. it always helps for me to remember how miserable I was after drinking. because it never ends with that first drink. I just try to remember the insanity

    ReplyDelete